Monday, January 28, 2013

The Answer



The perfection of myself
Is knowing that I am not
I lay the anger at my feet
Trying to rearrange the life I was given
To bringing a meaning
Of why I am here
It is so easily forgotten
How simple a smile
Can remind me
Can really help to not take this for granted
There are so many chances not taken
So many yet to be seen
As I rest my tired head
Waiting for the end
Holding on a line
That may never be answered
Listening for a voice in silence
Looking for a light in the darkness
Those things may never wind up being
Meant for me
Just a thought
Being saddled to the idea of freedom
Isn’t really living free
It’s a wish on a fallen star
A goodbye when you still really care
I count backwards
Walking forwards
Erasing all the bad memories
That left me fragile
That showed my weakness
I found the kindness in others eyes
The comfort in an embrace
The promise of a better day
In a way that no amount of time
Alone could ever offer

No comments:

Post a Comment