Monday, January 7, 2013

My Greatest Love


Words of wisdom
They see you through
On your darkest nights
They bring you comfort
When your standing alone
At the edge of the world
They brace the impact
Of the harsh reality of life
They carry your heart
Soaring in a starless night
My words leave traces
Footprints on your soul
I'm not an angel
I've never appeared to be
Anything less anything more
Than just what you need
I give you the power to fight
The strength you never knew you held
I push you to be greater
Then you ever thought possible
I will empty my load
Just to carry yours instead
I've exchanged my happiness
To see you smile
Through all my pain
The tears I wipe away
Will eventually run dry
I whisper words of encouragement
Not really sure you heard them
While you are out living your life
But always know I was proud
That you were once called just mine
That my life may have been meaningless
Till you arrived
And in the end your the one who changed me
You gave me a name
That was never said by another
The mistakes I've made left in the past
Since you gave me a future
Grateful I made it to you just in time
When my life was sinking into the unknown
I had a reason to stay afloat
I remain in your background
But close in your heart
For you are my child
My greatest love
Was saved just for you

No comments:

Post a Comment