Tuesday, January 8, 2013

For You

The wind sings a song
For lovers like us tonight
I've come to your side
with my best disguise
And though you see through
The mask I wear
Afraid to be myself
Scared you may disappear
Darkness rests on the horizon
The madness escapes
In the words I write
For no one but you
I paint the picture of who
You thought you knew
I mend letters into words
For love songs
That my heart sings for you
I have sacrificed happiness
To see you smile
My hands and knees bleed
From the crawling
I've done to reach you
While I dance in and out
Of the shadows edge
Keeping myself secret
Keeping my heart safe
I'm bending myself
Into a shape that's fits into you
Trying to remain pure and simple
But we somehow get tangled
In the complications of our lives
We no longer separate
So we now feel complete
The possible potential becomes
Our new reality
Flood of emotion and truth
Have over taken these walls
Exposing me for what you've
Needed all along

No comments:

Post a Comment