Wednesday, July 11, 2012


push me,
see what you will walk away with
I will tell you it won't be me
From now on I will let the phone ring
messages you left blink on and on
refusing to let you speak
There is no reason for you words
they only tear me down
make me think I am never good enough
Striving to always make you smile
while I get nothing in return
You pull me in trapping me
every time I know better
but still I come back to you
I can't ever seem to let it go
The words repeat in my head
The ones that hurt
That rip me apart
Your selfish ways might catch up to you
Maybe one day someone will do what you've been doing
I wish I could be so cruel as you
Dragging me down to this depth of hopelessness
Thinking there is no silver lining
things will never unwind
That my hands will remain glued to yours
Every time I think I am stronger than you
Things become clear
The Vail will be lifted
and I will see you for what you really are
Maybe I'm not always as kind as I think
I speak out of anger
Trying to hurt and demean you
Putting you back in your place
We remain, even when we do so much wrong
Toxic and yet we are drawn to one another
Thinking someday that we will make this right
So keep pushing me till we reach our limits
Maybe we'll break
but chances are will be here to see another day

No comments:

Post a Comment