Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I'm not ready to bear my soul
to cross that line
Exposing all that's inside
For those to judge me
Examining each word
I embrace the chance to be heard
After being silent for so long
opening these doors may bring to much attention
I'm always afraid I might disappoint
Reading to much into the lack of interest
Opening myself up brings the chance of regret
The heart wants what it wants
My dreams have always seemed to out of reach
There has always been a piece of me unexposed
Hidden from the world, from those I have loved
I'm too gentle to be thrown into this world
Its crazy how long I have been undiscovered
Hiding myself undercover
Quietly I slip through these cracks
making myself blend in the background
Center stage has never been my scene
Keeping my passion from the eyes of others
When the attention is on me I find
I began to choke On the words that long to escape me

No comments:

Post a Comment