Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Set Free





Testing boundaries
Walking the tight rope
Between right and wrong
Values wavering
Under pressure I sink
Looking for a warm embrace
Mistakes we are unable to recover from
We stumble in and out of darkness
Bound by desire
Needing to feel wanted
Passion that is held on the tip of my tongue
Lost in the changing tides
That sweeps me, pushes and pulls me in
Against my will or so it seems
Waiting in the back all along
Coming undone at my seams
Clawing to get out
The freedom that lies behind these eyes
Waiting for my world to unravel
To stand at the unknown
Willing to face my regrets
To have the world judge me
People just need acceptance
That they will be unhappy
To make others smile
But not me
I get lost in the haze
The lines drawn in my heart
Slowly fade
Unable to focus on what’s true
What’s considered right
Always afraid to hurt others
While my scream echoes
Throughout my body
My fears bubble behind my lips
Afraid to say them
To make them true
As if the words were made of fire
Burning through till my insides are smoldering ash
About to be blown away
To be scattered around me
Till there is nothing to tell
Just the silence seeping through the breeze

No comments:

Post a Comment